Disclaimer: All images and quotes are mine unless otherwise noted.
I have loved you with all my might,
but sometimes it’s not enough,
or should I say I am not enough.
Maybe I wasn’t really the one for you.
But it was you who were the one for me.
Fall in love with yourself because someday you’re gonna be the only one you’ve got.
If people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.
When I fell in love with you, I thought you were the match that fits perfectly to my soul. We have the same beliefs, we are into cute things, we love the same bands, we love to talk, to laugh and we almost love the same things. Almost. BUT when I got deeper into your soul, I knew, somehow, we came from different spaces. You are the superman in your universe, whilst I, I am the version of your Clark Kent. I don’t know how to put these into words, really. Like this one, for sure you can think of an explanation about all these differences and all these feelings fishing in my head. But I can’t. While I prefer to stay in my room, think, and read, and imagine things, you, on the other hand, prefer to be with people. You love being with people. Don’t get me wrong. I, too, love being around some of them, like being with you. But if it’s not you, or my closest friend, I’d really rather be in my bed or in front of my books or my laptop. That’s the peculiar thing about us, about liking each other — you like to be with people, I like to be with myself. And it trembles me, that one day you’ll quit my individuality and I’ll quit your sociability.
4:00 pm 1 note
July 19 2014
Dakota, and yes, I’m in love with you, too.
"Through enjoyment, we endure" —Ditlow
Marks of KSA (ii)
Riyadh, Saudi, May 2014
"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us." — Charles Bukowski
Marks of KSA (i)
Riyadh, Saudi, May 2014
1. Not everyone is going to be your best friend.
2. Avoid gossiping with these ^^ people.
3. There is no limit to whom you can be friends/friendly with.
4. Because of this you will find yourself being close with a lot of different “groups.”
5. Remember, not everyone has your best interest at heart.
6. Not everyone cares if you’re happy…or miserable for that matter.
7. People will burn you; it’s all about how you handle the metaphorical “application of aloe” afterwards.
8. People change; that person you knew freshman year has changed and gone through things, just like you have.
9. Embrace freshman year, be annoying, be loud, and make friends.
10. Put. Yourself. Out. There.
11. When you get hungry in the “wee” hours of the morning, order the pizza.
12. E-v-e-r-y-o-n-e has that crazy roommate.
13. Own it. Whatever it is that makes you you, OWN IT. *cue Drake song*
14. Fall in love with the boy.
15. Be more concerned with your own happiness than others’ opinions of you.
16. Enjoy living in Freshman/Communal Housing.
17. Be silly.
18. Learn how to cook….even if it is just grilled cheese and Ramen.
19. Lose the daily sweatpants/yoga pants outfit. Dress up and notice how much better you feel about yourself. People will notice your new glow.
20. Don’t wish away your downtime.
6:25 am 397 notes
June 2 2014
Thus, if things are going good, enjoy them because they won’t last forever, and if things are going bad, don’t worry because they can’t last forever either.
1) “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.”
― Alphonse Karr, A Tour Round My Garden
Kind of like seeing the glass half-full. Focus on the positive. Focus on the beauty instead. There’s simply no point focusing on the negative aspect of everything and feel down about it. There is beauty in a lot of things, even yourself.
2) “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.”
― Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
Despite what’s going on in your head, you’re absolutely capable of doing anything. You can because you are. You should because life is short. Don’t let a bunch of less-than-perfect thoughts hold you back.
3) “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions” – Will Smith
More often than not, negative thoughts come from your surroundings i.e. the people you’re with. And unfortunately, we let the negative people get to us. Don’t. These people don’t matter. So why let them make you feel less than great?
4) “Always think extra hard before crossing over to a bad side, if you were weak enough to cross over, you may not be strong enough to cross back!”
― Victoria Addino
I personally think that all of us are repressed on a certain level. We think of revenge, serving justice on our wrongdoers or just not wanting to care. But we hold back because we don’t want to get in trouble. This is an ironic cycle as we keep asking, “What if?”. Nah. We should stop thinking about this altogether and just try to be happy. As the quote states, we may be too weak to cross back, and that’s how regret is made.
5) “If you are positive, you’ll see opportunities instead of obstacles.”
― Widad Akrawi
Everything has a piece of goodness in them, even if it’s hard to see it. I say, just open your eyes and see it then. Life isn’t perfect, so you might as well start reaping the goodness than keep complaining about it.